Alienware 17r3 Laptop has errors so I can't troubleshoot, or update/use Java. (0x80070005)

R

RegisZDB

Hello, I was on my Alienware 17r3 Laptop today and everything was normal 2 days ago, but when I logged on today I noticed I wasn't able to open discord or a few games. I have tried fixing this problem for several hours looking at other online forums with the problem to no avail. I have a few programs that I tried to use for troubleshooting:

One that I attempted was called "MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta" had an error, Screenshot - 98d007cd0d3044747dac1250482b7102 - Gyazo

I had another troubleshooting program with an error, Screenshot - 5575a3db27812fff7b5eaea9b4a80c27 - Gyazo

and the Java Error when I tried installing it, (already had on the system but when I tried updating it it wouldn't work, and things with Java I can't open. Problem started just today): Screenshot - 56b2f146b5717f3b58c3e956c2e70c6a - Gyazo

When I tried a suggestion that said to use cmd and do: "sfc /scannow" It said, "You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility."

I am on the administrator account right now. I always use the admin account, I have no other accounts on this laptop. This is a problem that just started today, I didn't meddle with anything to my knowledge unless I might have accidentally changed something by randomly pushing stuff? (I didn't see anything change.)

I went to windows defender and tried to perform a "Fresh Start" (under device performance & health) but it said there was a problem and didn't work.

I checked my pathfiles and they all say C:\WINDOWS\TEMP for administrator and normal users, for temp and tmp (I changed the administrators to that, and it didn't do anything).

If you have know what my problem is please let me know, I have tried for several hours. I have very little to no computing knowledge at all, so for instructions please give me baby steps. I would really appreciate your help and will respond with whether or not the changes have worked or that I have done your steps and what happens. Thank you so much and I hope we can fix this.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom