Internet has become noticibly slow, and windows diagnostics gives : The device or resource (wpad.home) is not set up to accept connections on port "Th

J

JacobMollman

Hi all,

Recently I have been browsing the internet and noticed that pages were loading way longer than usual. On youtube there is a weird bug where if I click on a video the video tries to load but will stop loading the page 3/4 of the way through. The only way to get it to load all the way is to refresh the page. The first thing I did was try to run a speed test through google. The test would be able to perform the download test well (about 200mb/s) but the upload would be stuck at 0.00 mb/s and would end the test with an error. I then ran windows diagnostics on the network and it came back with this error message : The device or resource (wpad.home) is not set up to accept connections on port "The World Wide Web service (HTTP)". Upon research it seems this may have to do with proxy servers, and on one forum it suggested to turn off automatic proxy detection. I did so and it seemed to speed things up a bit but then google chrome started to not load properly. I decided at this point to run a virus scan, which turned up with everything cleaned properly. I even ran C cleaner to see if that would fix the loading issues, but nothing changed. I uninstalled and reinstalled chrome, reset the browser, and ran chrome's scan for malicious software and that turned up with nothing. Pages are still loading slow and youtube is still acting weird. I am concerned that this may be malware of some kind, although I'm not sure how it would have slipped through my ESET NOD 32 Anti-Virus. Please help.

Thank you,

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom