Windows 10 is not updating Windows Defender

D

DaveHughes9

Me and my roommate. both bought the exact same HP Envy 360 from Costco at the same time. I installed mine using the Microsoft 'remote' method. He installed his using the 'local only' method. We both have McAfee Antivirus on our machines. When I check updates I continue to have Windows Defender updates frequently updating on my computer. It seems to work with McAfee. I can scan the computer using Defender. On his computer, however, it does not give him the option to scan using Windows Defender and it never calls for an update of Windows Defender. It seems that Windows Defender is somehow disabled on his machine. He is such a newbie that he does not even know or understand what the problem might be. One fellow I asked suggested that Windows is allowing McAfee to manage virus protection: but mine has always continued to update Windows Defender AND update and use McAfee. Why doesn't his computer allow Windows Defender to scan or update?? The only difference I am aware of is the way we installed our initial profile. What is going on?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom