Windows Updates are infuriating enough to make me want to use a Mac

R

reifHand

Why when Windows 10 does a major update, do things stop working on my laptop??

I have been a constant Windows user since Windows 95

Why can't Microsoft update software without breaking ****!!!

I don't want to reinstall drivers or even worse sometimes, run SFC or get into regedit everytime Windows Windows does a major update

I have been using a iphone for 10 years now, every update on it is quick and painless, why is this never the case with Windows??? I used tolerate going and troubleshooting when things went wrong, now I am just downright frustrated that in 2019, I have to waste so much time keeping my laptop running how it came out of the factory.

2 examples

I have a Thinkpad x1 Carbon (priced about the same as a macbook pro) Everytime there is a major Windows update, the finger print sensor and Function F keys stop working and I need to go to Lenovos website and resinstall drivers for both.

I use Rane Serato Hardware with Serato (DJ music software) I have to reinstall drivers and Serato for the devices that connect to my laptop.

Microsoft - you are so big, so disconnected from your customers, hardware partners - everyone - Do you listen, or you still don't get it???

Make it work every time, not some of the time, I am using premium expensive hardware, I don't have the time or willpower to go and fix stuff in Windows and my software for needless and pointless updates for updates sake.

Cue the outrage, oh yes they say, its Lenovo's or Rane's fault - well no its not, because everything was working perfect up until that Windows Update!!

If I wanted to tweak or muck around all the time fixing operating system ****, I would buy a Raspberry PI or install Linux

Please respect your customers time, I use Windows to be productive.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom