Windows 10 new PC keeps restarting and giving error message "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE" what failed " nvddmkm.sys"

F

FixKole

SPECS

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.6 GHz Turbo Unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W

GPU : EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC Gaming, 8GB GDDR6, Dual HDB Fans & RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-2172-K

Power: Corsair CX Series 550 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Modular Power Supply (CP-9020102-NA)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda Internal Hard Drive 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch (ST2000DM006)
Mother Board : MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) M.2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 DDR4 HDMI DVI CFX ATX Z390 Gaming Motherboard

ISSUE:

Fresh new build, first time building a gaming PC (all the parts are fairly new)

Finished loading up and installing windows 10

Started to get Drivers for the computer and loaded in fine

GPU Driver install was strange, flickering on the screen (which I was told was normal) then black screen and nothing

Restarted

Got this message: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE what failed: nvddmkm.sys

Later I also got: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

and then automatically would restart

Repeated for awhile until I got access to the auto recovery system (ARS) from which I did a system restore.

loaded up got to the locked screen and the screen was all weird and looked corrupted

so restarted again until I got to the ARS and went into safe mode and rolled back my drivers for my GPU since when I went to update the drivers the computer told me it was the best ones available.

After rolling back my GPU drivers I was able to enter my desktop and everything seemed fine so I attempted another download of the GPU drivers which resulted in the constant repeating restarting with the message of VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

Tried to reset my PC and had the same issue with VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

after a bunch more restarts it is now stuck on a blue screen and with my cursor on it

and I seem unable to access the ARS (from what I understand is able to be accessed after restarting the computer a few times by holding down the power button)

Please, any help is appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom