Is There an Easy Way to Change .INI Files (which Display Folder Icons) in the Source Location to Display Those Icons in Back Up Locations

C

ClydeRothman

Hello,

I have hundreds of folders containing the MP3s I own, and I’ve created a .INI in each folder in order to display an different icon on each folder of the artists music in that folder. Basically, if the folder contains music by the Cleon Valentine, I can use the View which displays an icon showing an image of Cleon Valentine.

The .INI files look like this:

[.ShellClassInfo]

IconResource=C:\Music\V\Cleon Valentine\Cleon Valentine.ico,0

[ViewState]

Mode=

Vid=

FolderType=Music

I back up all my files to several different external drives or NAS, and when I do, of course, the .INI file doesn’t work because it specifies a path for an icon on the C: drive found a specific path instead of a path to the new current location. For example, if I back up the folder on the F: drive (path = F:Music\V\) the icon doesn't display since the .INI file is not on drive C: but is now on drive F:.

I tried to use WILD CARDS within the path prior to backing up the folder, but I haven’t been able to get the icons to display in the back up location using them.

Does anyone know of a way to make the backed up copies of my many music folders display the icon (different in each folder) established for each folder?

Thank you

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom