Having issues with Nvidia drivers. Can't seem to get any help from Nvidia. The Nvidia control panel has disappeared from my pc.

E

EricVG1

Nvidia control panel has disappeared from my PC somehow. It was there just a few days ago and working fine. I had not updated my drivers or changed anything in the time between using it last and today when I noticed it was gone. I did,however, get a "your pc has encountered an error" blue screen a few days ago. It was a TCPIP.sys error. The pc restarted and has been working fine ever since (except for this issue obviously, no idea if they are connected). I have checked in the windows control panel and it is not listed there. I have installed and reinstalled the latest drivers using the geforce experience. I booted in to safe mode (minimal) and used Display Driver Uninstaller to remove the drivers completely and then reinstalled them with a clean install. I would install it manually but I have been getting an error "not compatible with this version of windows" for months (another issue I have not been able to resolve) so I am forced to use the geforce experience to install drivers. Windows is most definitely up to date as well. I am at a loss and could really use some help. I need to be able to use the nvidia control panel. I am worried there me some kind of corruption in the registry and that type of issue is far beyond my knowledge.

I am running 64x Windows 10 pro version 1809 (OS build 17763.404) and it is most definitely a legitimate copy. I have a ryzen 2600 and 16 gb of ram.

I have created a topic on the geforce forums and put some information there if you would like to read the small thread. I believe I've said everything here that is in the thread but just in case you would like to look here is a link - https://forums.geforce.com/default/...nstall-no-luck-please-help-/?offset=3#6023248

I would very much so like to avoid reinstalling windows if at all possible. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom