Windows 10 so slow its unusable.

D

david chammas

Hi first time posting so sorry if everything isnt here.

So I just upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 recently. It has been awesome for me, the computer seemed to run a lot better after.

But my computer was super dusty so I took a hefty vacuum to it outside to get all the dust out.(blowing air)

Got it all out and brought it back inside, plug everything in and turn it on. Now the vacuum is kinda strong so idk if if blew something loose.

Anyways it started to get super slow startups, it was gradually that it would happen. But eventually it got to the point were the startup was at least double the time to get to the desktop. But even once you get to the desk top the response time of clicks and how the computer reacted was very off and slow.

So I decided maybe I just try and do a clean install, since I still have files from my old windows 7. So i delete everything and reformat.

Install windows 10 on my side and load it up. But this time it was even more slow. It was so slow its unusable. Each click took more than a minute. Even if you clicked half the time the click didn't register. So I tried to do some windows updates. After 30 mins of trying to get to windows update(yes 30 min), I finally started the scan and download the updates. I left it and went to work.

Came back to it failing an update but it had a different set of update since I left.

Now I'm here, I tried to download a driver for my motherboard since I lost the driver disk for it. Mind you I built this computer in around 2013.

Spec are:

Intel core i7-4700k 3.9ghz with a hv80i cooler

Ms. Z87 GD-65 gaming motherboard

16gb Kingston ddr3 dont know the speed

Gtx 780 3gb

750w evga psu

120gb pny ssd

750gb hdd

Continue reading...