Windows 10 not playing audio on headphones.

D

dizuki

Ok, this is my 3rd weekend trying to fix this audio problem and i'm getting desperate. My computer was built 4 years ago and uses Realtek audio drivers. It was previously a windows 7 system until a hard drive failure forced me to do a clean install and since I lost my windows 7 disk i figured why not "upgrade". It worked fine for a few days, then one of my headphones seemed to be going out, as it was really quiet. It sounded like whatever i was listening to was playing in the next room in one ear. So i got new headphones and it turned out it wasn't the headphones. I dealt with it because I usually only use 1 headphone anyway. But the Problem kept getting worse and randomly which headphone was the good one would switch every 40 minutes or so. So in the middle of playing games or watching videos, it would over the course of 10 seconds or so get really quiet and I'd have to switch buds. Then it kept getting worse now randomly both headphones will go out and i have to restart my computer to fix it. That was when I drew the line saying I have to fix this. I've been reinstalling drivers through windows, through Nividia, though Dell, uninstalling my drivers for fresh installs, unclicking boxes, reclicking boxes my last 6 nights off from work, and nothing has helped yet. In fact its gotten even worse and tonight, even on 100% on everything (Mixer, system setting, video setting, ect) It still sounds like my next door neighbor is watch the video on moderate volume.

As far as tonight is concerned I already checked windows for updates, uninstalled and reinstalled all my audio drivers, restarted my computer 20-30 times, disabled all audio ports except the one I was using, "disabled all sound effects, tried loudness Equalization. Everytime I think its fixed, i still have one earbud out and an hour or so later poof it all goes back out.

Continue reading...