Windows 10 DisplaySwitch (project) incorrect ouputs for multi-monitor setup

S

SoN9ne

I have a dual boot setup with 3 monitors so this issue is a bit more limited. Windows is a gaming OS only so I may just have to deal with this limitation.

Let me first specify that this issue did not persist on Windows 7. This is unique to Windows 10 only.

When using Winkey + p to select an projection type, I am presented with the options:

• PC screen only
  • Duplicate
  • Extend
  • Second screen only

This is expected.

My issue is when I want to switch to a single monitor (PC screen only). For some reason, Windows 10 has reversed the order of my outputs so what is identified as the primary output (not to be confused with the main display option in display setting, this has nothing to do with that) this is now my 3rd monitor. This is problematic because my 3rd monitor is in Portrait mode so this really is a pain.

So when I select Second screen only, I am then put on my 2nd monitor, which is off to the side. With 32" monitors, this starts to hurt my neck when I use that option. Plus it's not correct and is just a work-a-round and not a valid solution IMHO.

This is a Windows 10 issue and doesn't appear to be a graphics card issue. Assuming this since this worked just find on Windows 7.

Are there any options to reprogram which project option goes to which monitor? In any other OS the order is correct. Windows 10 has it backwards.

How can I fix this issue with Windows 10 so that I can select PC screen only and have it be the correct monitor?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom