Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap and Driver IQRL Not Less Or Equal

Z

ZacharyAlan

I’ve been having this issue for months and I’m at a loss of what to do. I’ve tested every component on the computer, with no errors. I can’t afford replacement parts so that’s out of the question. I reinstalled Windows, swapped around the RAM, reseated the CPU, and tried unplugging devices I don’t need.

My specs are:

Core i3 8100

GTX 1060 6GB SC

8 GB G.Skill NT series RAM ( 2 x 4 GB)

1 TB Western Digital Blue HDD

ASRock H310M-HDC

It doesn’t make any damn sense because some games/ programs crash the computer and some don’t. For example, I can play Rocket League for 4 hours straight, no issues, and then play Cities: Skylines for 10 minutes and it’ll crash. I accidentally left the computer on all day at the desktop (7-8 hours) and nothing seemed wrong when I came back, but then I play 2 matches of Fortnite and it crashes.

Sometimes it’s an NVidia driver that crashes, sometimes a Windows Kernel thing, then it might be BattleEye anti-cheat, or some other weird thing, then sometimes the BSoD and Who Crashed just won’t tell me.

I’m starting to feel like ditching Windows, but where else is there to go?

Here are a couple crash logs from Who Crashed:

On Mon 4/15/2019 11:34:19 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module:win32kfull.sys (0xFFFFF2E4590254B7)

Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF2E4590254B7, 0xFFFFD300E4C26AB0, 0x0)

Error:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32kfull.sys

product:Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company:Microsoft Corporation

description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 4/15/2019 6:03:53 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041519-27312-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module:nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF8041BEF4A9D)

Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x1B5, 0xE, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8041BEF4A9D)

Error:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_9c0cfd0baad9a756\nvlddmkm.sys

product:NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 419.35

company:NVIDIA Corporation

description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 419.35

Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 419.35 , NVIDIA Corporation).

Google query:nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Mon 4/15/2019 10:51:16 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041519-22921-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module:ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1B3730)

Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0xFFFFF8021B271E50, 0xC85BF830, 0xFFFFF802194AE009)

Error:UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product:Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company:Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.Double Fault, indicates that an exception occurs during a call to the handler for a prior exception. Most often this is caused by a software problem (kernel stack overflow) but this can also be caused by a hardware problem.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom