Windows 10 Login/Logoff sound change: not working

C

Comdervids

So I recently turned on startup sounds of Windows 10, and thought, hey, I'll customize my sounds! So then I download the Windows XP startup sound for login and Windows 8 startup sound for logoff, both as .wav files. First, I went to the registry editor to tweak the login/logoff sound settings(I can provide the registries if needed). Then, I went to the "change system sounds" screen, found "Windows logon" and "Windows logoff"(the exact wording may vary), and changed the sounds. I store the files on OS:/Windows/media, and when I hit the "test" button, the sounds played perfectly. So I went on the control panel and disabled "fast boot", clicked apply, and closed the panel. Then I hit "apply" and "OK" on the system sounds screen. By default on Windows 10, the login sound was supposed to be the Windows 7/Vista sound, and no shutdown sound(I enabled the shutdown/logoff sounds, but it doesn't play with default settings, obviously). Now, I restarted my computer, and it still only played the default startup/login sound, which was still the Win7/Vista sounds. I figured it takes a restart or two, maybe a bit of time. So I restarted a couple of times and gave it an hour. Then, I shut down the system. Still no logoff sound. I started the computer, but it only played the default sounds. I checked my settings, and they were still the same(correct) as to how I had applied the settings. I ran the troubleshooter(which found no problems) as well as tested the sounds again(which still works fine). So I moved the .wav files to the "media" folder, where all the other sounds were. Nope. So then I thought my file was incompatible, so I tried some of the preinstalled sounds, too. Still no luck. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom