IIS (Internet Information Services) timeout

F

Fabio.Reis

Hello, Good afternoon all.

I'm opening this thread after several researches on forums, third-parties support, and inumerous analisys on parameters on IIS that could lead to the behaviour that we've been facing.

We've two IIS servers hosted at Azure Cloud, while each of them play the following roles:

1° - Windows Server 2016 x64 - IIS Version 1607

- We've a Middleware API (third party) configured on this IIS, that connects to our ERP Database allowing clients to read and write on a few available API's

2° - Windows Server 2016 x64 - IIS Version 1607

- We've a website configured on this IIS Server, that has a PHP Module running on version 7.0.30. We've implemented some scheduled JOBS via " Windows Task Scheduler" that calls "PowerShell" module, which runs a "PHP script" against the first server, expecting to retrieve the API Data and store it into JSON files.

When this environment was implemented, everything was running well and smooth, however, as time went by, the size of files that are generated day by day have became bigger and bigger, leading to an increase of processing time. Currently, there's a specific JOB that everytime it runs the script expecting to receive the files from the API, it usually takes approximately 20 minutes to complete (it used to be less when we had less data), however, either the API Server or the 2° server is terminating the connection exactly when it reaches the 20 minutes, closing the connection and preventing the server to receive all expected files.

We could workaround this issue few times by just restarting the servers, and running the JOB manually again, and apparently due the server had just been restarted, it had less processes in use, and hence the JOB ran faster than before. This is not working anymore, as number of data got bigger, and the server restarts doesn't solve the problem anymore.

I went into every timeout limit of IIS (litteraly all the ones I found in every place of IIS), made my notes of current values and changed each of them to 1 hour (some are in seconds, other in minutes), however, neither of the changes I've made so far were effective.

I have a second case opened with the API manufacturer where we've been discussing this issue, but any of the solutions that we discusses worked out. For this reason, I'm opening this new case to discuss with others that may have had faced similar situation, and might know how to fix it.

Any comment and help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Fabio Reis. Analista de Suporte. Preparando-se para Windows Server 2008 - Server Administrator (MCSA) - MCITP

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom