After unexpectedly losing everything on my laptop after Windows 10 crashed and refused to comply with the troubleshooting tips I found online, I'm sti

S

SheriWilson

I've seen several other posts about people upgrading to Windows 10, but I don't know if that applies to me because I'm not upgrading and I didn't wipe everything out on purpose. On a whim the week before this happened, I did use Window Recovery Key, but I've never used it before and it was still on my hard drive when my system crashed. My external hard drive has all but the last 6 months, but it's still MIA after our move and I need my laptop for work, so I'm hoping someone will know how to fix the issues I'm having now.

Anyway, so I've managed to reinstall the major things I need for work except for MS Office, which has been a major issue, especially since Microsoft wouldn't help me, saying they give people three copies of the software to account for system crashes and/or switching computers and that I'd have to buy it again if I wanted it back on my computer. I'm not sure if there's a way to take one of the Word or Excel attachments out of my email and save them to my computer like I did back in the day, but at this point, it won't even let me open them because I don't have Office installed. Similarly, but more trivial, is that I've been unable to change most of my settings, including my laptop name, since restarting it and I'm not sure why that is. I've also had over 1,000 assorted event errors pop out in the last week, ranging from, "There was an error while applying setting unit 2A8116464D0B63C109839F08B0782A6DAA3784E9 for roaming collection Windows-Credentials. The specified data could not be decrypted," to "Session "P2PLog" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035," and "Session "NegoLog" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035", "TCP/IP has chosen to restrict the congestion window for several connections due to a network condition. This could be related to a problem in the TCP global or supplemental configuration and will cause degraded throughput," and "The Interactive Services Detection service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 67 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 180000 milliseconds: Restart the service." That last one has accounted for about half of all the errors.

If anyone can help me figure these things out, I'd be forever grateful! There are a few other simple tasks that I can't perform and I'm not sure if it's because of the above mentioned errors, but I don't want to keep messing around trying to force this thing to do what it's supposed to just to have it do the exact opposite again. Thanks again for any insight anyone might have to point me in the right direction!!

Sheri

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom