Can anyone help me with mouse hell?

• Thread starter StuckInSeattleWith Microsoft
  • Start date
S

StuckInSeattleWith Microsoft

Hi, I have an HP Spectre X360 with an 8th generation i7 processor. It is a very flaky machine, but things have become impossible.

I have two new problems in the last couple of months. First, when I clink on a hyperlink or double click on an Excel or Word file to open it, nothing happens. It seems like the cursor moves on its own, and I have to be very careful to hold the mouse exactly in place to get a click to register. Double clicks are even harder. The frustrating thing is that I also am getting a huge lag after double clicking on a program before it opens. Word files normal do nothing for 5 seconds before showing any sign that I successfully double clicked on them, and half the time there is no double click. I instinctively try again after a few seconds, and then it might open twice. Or not at all. I am down to right clicking and open, but after 30 years of double clicking that is annoying to say the least.

The delay seems to vary by time and application. For example, Foxit Phantom PDF can take 15 seconds before it starts to open.

I also am having Word application go into a spinning wheel over a simple command for no reason. If I wait 20 seconds, sometimes it will resolve, and sometimes it will not. The whole computer has become a pain to work on.

I have done a fresh install deleting all files and wiping the drives, but no change.

If it helps, my Event Viewer also is going nuts. In half an hour today, I have 27 Event Viewer errors (0 - Intel Audion (6), 1000 (2), 2004 (3), 1101 (1), 7024 (2), 10016 (12). I also have tons of warnings: 37 (2) 200 (5), 201 (2), 202 (4), 202 (5), 219 (14), 360 (2), 1008 (13), 10002 (1), 15300 (2), 15301 (2).

I have no clue about event viewer. I have tried to resolve some of them but don't understand how.

If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom