how to read and enter script for powershell to reset my adminitrator settigs

V

violet_moon

I have some how got my windows pavilion settings all messed up and i found a script for powershell to help me reset it, but I am unsure how to read the script. I don't know which parts to enter into the powershell cmd and which parts are just direction.

#Script to Reset MyDocuments Folder permissions $domainName = ([ADSI]'').name Import-Module "PSCX" -ErrorAction Stop Set-Privilege (new-object Pscx.Interop.TokenPrivilege "SeRestorePrivilege", $true) #Necessary to set Owner Permissions Set-Privilege (new-object Pscx.Interop.TokenPrivilege "SeBackupPrivilege", $true) #Necessary to bypass Traverse Checking #Set-Privilege (new-object Pscx.Interop.TokenPrivilege "SeSecurityPrivilege", $true) #Optional if you want to manage auditing (SACL) on the objects Set-Privilege (new-object Pscx.Interop.TokenPrivilege "SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege", $true) #Necessary to override FilePermissions & take Ownership $Directorypath = "F:\Userpath" #locked user folders exist under here $LockedDirs = Get-ChildItem $Directorypath -force #get all of the locked directories. Foreach ($Locked in $LockedDirs) { Write-Host "Resetting Permissions for "$Locked.Fullname #######Take Ownership of the root directory $blankdirAcl = New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.DirectorySecurity $blankdirAcl.SetOwner([System.Security.Principal.NTAccount]'BUILTIN\Administrators') $Locked.SetAccessControl($blankdirAcl) ###################### Setup & apply correct folder permissions to the root user folder #Using recommendation from Ned Pyle's Ask Directory Services blog: #Automatic creation of user folders for home, roaming profile and redirected folders. $inherit = [system.security.accesscontrol.InheritanceFlags]"ContainerInherit, ObjectInherit" $propagation = [system.security.accesscontrol.PropagationFlags]"None" $fullrights = [System.Security.AccessControl.FileSystemRights]"FullControl" $allowrights = [System.Security.AccessControl.AccessControlType]"Allow" $DirACL = New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.DirectorySecurity #Administrators: Full Control $DirACL.AddAccessRule((new-object System.Security.AccessControl.FileSystemAccessRule("BUILTIN\Administrators",$fullrights, $inherit, $propagation, "Allow"))) #System: Full Control $DirACL.AddAccessRule((new-object System.Security.AccessControl.FileSystemAccessRule("NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM",$fullrights, $inherit, $propagation, "Allow"))) #Creator Owner: Full Control $DirACL.AddAccessRule((new-object System.Security.AccessControl.FileSystemAccessRule("CREATOR OWNER",$fullrights, $inherit, $propagation, "Allow"))) #Useraccount: Full Control (ideally I would error check the existance of the user account in AD) #$DirACL.AddAccessRule((new-object System.Security.AccessControl.FileSystemAccessRule("$domainName\$Locked.name",$fullrights, $inherit, $propagation, "Allow"))) $DirACL.AddAccessRule((new-object System.Security.AccessControl.FileSystemAccessRule("$domainName\$Locked",$fullrights, $inherit, $propagation, "Allow"))) #Remove Inheritance from the root user folder $DirACL.SetAccessRuleProtection($True, $False) #SetAccessRuleProtection(block inheritance?, copy parent ACLs?) #Set permissions on User Directory Set-Acl -aclObject $DirACL -path $Locked.Fullname Write-Host "commencer" -NoNewLine ##############Restore admin access & then restore file/folder inheritance on all subitems #create a template ACL with inheritance re-enabled; this will be stamped on each subitem to re-establish the file structure with inherited ACLs only. #$NewOwner = New-Object System.Security.Principal.NTAccount("$domainName","$Locked.name") #ideally I would error check this. $NewOwner = New-Object System.Security.Principal.NTAccount("$domainName","$Locked") #ideally I would error check this. $subFileACL = New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.FileSecurity $subDirACL = New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.DirectorySecurity $subFileACL.SetOwner($NewOwner) $subDirACL.SetOwner($NewOwner) ######## Enable inheritance ($False) and not copy of parent ACLs ($False) $subFileACL.SetAccessRuleProtection($False, $False) #SetAccessRuleProtection(block inheritance?, copy parent ACLs?) $subDirACL.SetAccessRuleProtection($False, $False) #SetAccessRuleProtection(block inheritance?, copy parent ACLs?) #####loop through subitems $subdirs = Get-ChildItem -path $Locked.Fullname -force -recurse #force is necessary to get hidden files/folders foreach ($subitem in $subdirs) { #take ownership to insure ability to change permissions #Then set desired ACL if ($subitem.Attributes -match "Directory") { # New, blank Directory ACL with only Owner set $blankdirAcl = New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.DirectorySecurity $blankdirAcl.SetOwner([System.Security.Principal.NTAccount]'BUILTIN\Administrators') #Use SetAccessControl to reset Owner; Set-Acl will not work. $subitem.SetAccessControl($blankdirAcl) #At this point, Administrators have the ability to change the directory permissions Set-Acl -aclObject $subDirACL -path $subitem.Fullname -ErrorAction Stop } Else { # New, blank File ACL with only Owner set $blankfileAcl = New-Object System.Security.AccessControl.FileSecurity $blankfileAcl.SetOwner([System.Security.Principal.NTAccount]'BUILTIN\Administrators') #Use SetAccessControl to reset Owner; Set-Acl will not work. $subitem.SetAccessControl($blankfileAcl) #At this point, Administrators have the ability to change the file permissions Set-Acl -aclObject $subFileACL -path $subitem.Fullname -ErrorAction Stop } Write-Host "." -NoNewline } Write-Host "fin." } Write-Host "Script Complete."

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom