Windows 10 New System Install - USB to New SSD - Select a Driver - Stuck

S

SeanGardner1

New PC Build.

MSI Z390 ACE Motherboard.

Western Digital 2.5" SSD 500GB

Downloaded Windows 10x64 iso / media creation onto a USB (32GB)

System Boots, Configured Bios to AHCI for SATA/SSD which the bios recognizes by name, and is 2nd in boot order and is in SATA Slot 1 (Nothing in M2). SATA Slot 3 is Empty (will be 4GB WD HD Later) SATA Slot 5 is CD Driver which Bios Recognizes and I can browse to during install.

Install Starts, select 64 bit, English, next....

Comes up with Select a Driver.....(Browse/Rescan) so I inserted the MSI Motherboard CD that came with the system, it reads the CD and lets me browse. Under Storage there was a SATA driver so I tried to install that, takes 15 secs or so and goes back to 'Select a Driver'.... Browsed into the Chipset ….x64Win10 Production Folder....roughly 13 drivers come up most of which are recognizable (and I have only show compatible drivers checked) so I tried the MB and PCI installs....same thing comes back to 'Select a Driver'.....(Will not let me hit next or do anything else except browse for whatever driver it is looking for)…...Tried installing all the drivers, minute or two later comes back to 'Select a Driver'.....

Literally no idea what driver it could be looking for, I checked WD Site and there are no WD Blue 500GB Windows 10 specific Drivers. I know it see's the Drive and recognizes it by name in bios. WD Also has no utility I could find that I could download to the USB (I thought maybe I needed a WD Utility / Driver to Format it or something but you would think that would come in the package and there was no CD or download instructions).

So …. what driver is it looking for and where do I find it....any clues? (Also searched the MSI Site to no avail, lots of info on upgrading to Win 10 but no driver information for SSD)….

Help....Please this is driving me crazy.....

Thanks in advance!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom