Windows 10 VPN client issues connecting to OSX L2TP VPN

H

[HS]

I am encountering two different issues when connecting to an L2TP connection with a Mac OSX VPN server. I have searched for answers extensively on different websites and can't seem to find the answers to my VPN issues. The VPN server I am attempting to connect, is located within my home network. All of my Apple devices connect, share drives and files, and browse the internet via the tunnel without issues.

Issue 1 - Connecting via the native windows 10 VPN client is another story. Usually, the first attempt at connecting through this method works. However, if I need to disconnect from the VPN for some reason, any and all connection attempts hang until I leave the laptop alone for an indeterminate amount of time, minutes, perhaps hours, before it will reconnect again. Here's a brief list of all the things I've attempted in order to solve this issue.

- Appropriate Ports opened and configured for forwarding on the home router.

- I have edited the Windows 10 registry to allow for connections behind a NAT.
- Creating a totally new VPN connection makes no difference.
- I have uninstalled the drivers for all connection types: L2TP, PPTP, IKE, etc. and scanned for hardware changes and/or restart the computer instead.
- Connecting to the VPN via Start/Networking and Internet/VPN method makes no difference.
- I have made sure the IPSEC and other services per the articles are set to RUN and start automatically.

- I have reset all network settings

Issue 2 - Once successfuly connected to the VPN, I am unable to connect to the shared drives and/or browse the internet. Use default gateway is selected. I tried ping and tracert IP address within and outside the VPN network and everything times out.

Does anyone have ideas?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom