Intermittent internet d/c - UNSOLVABLE

B

BraulieB

I have had the Aorus X5 gaming laptop for about 5 months now. I have never had a problem connecting to the internet, gaming, downloading, etc. It's fast and reliable, one of the best computers I have ever had. Up until recently. I have had multiple issues with my internet connection and I have done everything I can to fix it, but nothing has worked. Some background:

Every few minutes, my wireless signal drops from 3 bars to zero, and I am unable to connect to the internet. Under Network Connections, when the signal drops, it says "Identifying...", then it resolves itself after a few seconds. When I run the troubleshooter, I have had the following errors (I get a different error almost every time):

- A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken (detected);

- Problem with wireless adapter or access point (fixed and the most common error);

- Your broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues;

- The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the Internet is broken (detected);

- The default gateway is not available (fixed).

Under "Status" I have 2-3 bars and it says "you are connected to the internet", and under "Wi-Fi" I have 1 bar despite it saying "connected, secure".

I have extensively gone through the 'Fix Network Connection Issues in Windows' on the Microsoft website. I have done every single step: reset the modem, disable/enable firewalls, un- and reinstalling network devices and adapter drivers, etc. Windows is up to date, the most recent drivers are installed, etc. but still I cannot stay connected to the internet for more than 5 minutes. Interestingly, I have this problem for 1-2 weeks, and then the issue spontaneously resolves for a couple weeks.

This computer is the only one in the house that is having connection problems. My old Mac works without a problem, my cell phone connects fine, and the other 2 laptops don't have a problem either. I do not think it is related to my router because I cannot stay connected to other networks either. How is this possible? If troubleshooter is able to "fix" some of the errors it encounters, then why do the errors continue? It has been unbearably frustrating and I'm tempted to return to Mac at this point. I am 90% convinced that this issue is unsolvable.

Any suggestions?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom