Play of MP4 attachments to emails

D

DarylFoster1

I got no hits searching the internet for an answer to this problem. Did not even find anyone reporting the same problem.
I have a problem playing MP4 videos that have been sent as attachments to emails. This is a new (to me) problem and I cannot connect it to any changes or updates etc. Usually they will play for 5 to 20 seconds and then freeze. If I download them to my videos and try to play them I get the same result. The time line keeps running. I’m using Win 10 and Windows live mail 2012. Default player is VLC Media layer. Videos from all other sources play fine on VLC and on other players installed which I assume rules out a player fault. I have no other problems with sending, receiving or opening emails etc. I have a second email service via my internet service provider. Again everything works fine with it except playing MP4 attached videos. I get an error message saying “this site cannot provide a secure connection, shaw cable sent an invalid response”. I don’t use this email service so that is not a problem but there is more. If I try to download the attachment from here to my videos it gives the same error message. I tried converting some of the videos that I had downloaded to my videos from windows Live mail with my dependable Corel Video Studio 9. Without changing the format one then played properly, others had the same error. Some I could not load on Corel with an error message saying “file format mismatch”. Confusing as they are all MP4. All other types of attachments work normally. Links in emails to videos work properly.

Thanks, Daryl

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom