MDT using autologon during build SOMETIMES does not log on

A

andreprins1

I have an odd issue.

we have a task sequence to deploy window 2016 server, and I am creating a local account (autologon) during phase 4 Specialize and make it an administrator.

Reason: When our systems join the domain, the GPO instantly renames the administrator account - so using the administrator account would fail.

The autologon in the 7 OOBE phase logs in using the new local account (autologon) after the restart.

this works fine most of the time, but occasionally NOT.....

recently, we imaged 2 servers nearly simultaneously - both are in the same subnet, same imaging source on the local subnet, identical computer models, and one automatically logs in, and the other one sat at the login prompt, and then we have to manually log in using the "autologon" account and its credentials, it logs in, and the MDT process continues OK.

I would say in ~ 90..98% of all builds, the autologon works, and occasionally it does NOT....

but the above example rules out models / drivers / network - they were the same Dell PowerEdge XR2 server, and same windows 2016 server OS, same task sequence, same imaging source, so I am just puzzled what can cause this odd behaviour...

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom