Built in CD/DVD player/burner not completing process. It stops, open disc tray, after about 98 percent completion and show an error mesage on my scree

T

Tioal

I have a H/P desktop PC, model# 510-a010 that came equipped with what I CD/DVD player/burner. I tried burning a DVD and the process runs its course until it reaches about 96 percent complete, and then it stops processing and the disc tray opens up and then it shows and error message in a small screen in the screen. Believing my factory Windows Media Player was not designed to burn CD or DVD's, I downloaded & installed Nero Platinum , 2019 which comes with comes with a CD & DVD burning program and I get the same results. The burner stops after reaching about 98 percent and opens the disc tray & shows some kind of error on my screen. Is my factory installed CD/DVD only a player and not a burner. The model # for the CD/DVD installed unit is hp-HLDS-DVDRW-GUD1N located in my E: drive. Does this mean I have to replace my current player and install one that is also a burner. My PC is only about two years old. Can anyone offer some advice on my model number PC.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom