Windows Update breaking Wifi Service, Firewall service, Cortana, all search typing boxes and preventing some system forms showing.

S

Stephen Culley

I have bought a new HP Pavilion laptop. It work perfectly until a certain Windows Update is installed and then it breaks the Wifi service, Firewall service, system forms fail to open when clicking some of the control panel icons and all search typing areas no longer accept keyboard nor and Cortana is completely broken. This is on a system fresh from reset that has been reset to manufactures settings that run perfect but break on forced updates.

I have had to reset to fix this three times in 10 days of buying. There is a major problem with update and only way to make sure machine works is to disable update. Windows 10 Home 1809, OS Build 17763.529

I have tried HP support they say problem is with updates.

Any solution to this as it means the laptop becomes useless... updates break it completely and disabling update is not a long term solution. If I want to update virus etc then instantly I will have a broken machine when it forces updates again.

Anyone have a solution?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom