Win 10 Problem for a while - Progranm icon on lower taskbar sometimes do not work-don't expand program to screen

D

DavidRix

Hi,

I have Win 10 1809 although this has been happening for a couple of years now.

I thought it was the monitor so changed it, the graphics card so changed it, the PC itself so changed it and every update to Win it is still the same.

When the program say Firefox is open the icon is on the taskbar and as I open more windows on FF these are added to that icom, so when I click it, all the opne windows show horizontally above the icon.

When I minimize that program with all those windows still open the icon is still there, showing all the pages open. When I want to reopen the program and it is working correctly, I click on the icon and the pages oipen up on the screen. Trouble is this many times does not happen. When I click on the icon it just does not open the page.

The only way I can get those pages back on screen is to right click to 'close all windows' then when the pages open there is a panbel that says something like, Do you want to close these pages?'. If I choose 'No', the panel goes and the page stays there so I am fine.

Why is this. It seems like it must be a Win thing because I have changed 'ALL' the hardware.

Pleas help as it is driving me batty.

Thanks

oz

Continue reading...