Cannot Update Powershell Help with the "Update-Help" Command

C

CRod_60

I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 and have PSVersion 5.1.17763.316.

Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\Users\charl> $PSVersionTable

Name Value
---- -----
PSVersion 5.1.17763.316
PSEdition Desktop
PSCompatibleVersions {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0...}
BuildVersion 10.0.17763.316
CLRVersion 4.0.30319.42000
WSManStackVersion 3.0
PSRemotingProtocolVersion 2.3
SerializationVersion 1.1.0.1

When I run the Update-Help command from either the PS ISE or Console, I receive the following error message(s):

Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Update-Help
Update-Help : Failed to update Help for the module(s) 'AppvClient, Defender, Microsoft.PowerShell.ODataUtils, Microsoft.PowerShell.Operation.Validation, UEV,
WindowsDeveloperLicense' with UI culture(s) {en-US} : Unable to connect to Help content. The server on which Help content is stored might not be available. Verify that the
server is available, or wait until the server is back online, and then try the command again.
At line:1 char:1
+ Update-Help
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: :)) [Update-Help], Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnableToConnect,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.UpdateHelpCommand

Update-Help : Failed to update Help for the module(s) 'WindowsUpdateProvider' with UI culture(s) {en-US} : Unable to retrieve the HelpInfo XML file for UI culture en-US. Make
sure the HelpInfoUri property in the module manifest is valid or check your network connection and then try the command again.
At line:1 char:1
+ Update-Help
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: :)) [Update-Help], Exception
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnableToRetrieveHelpInfoXml,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.UpdateHelpCommand

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom