Driver PNP Watchdog Error

M

Mike Newsome

Three days ago I decided to take advantage of my wife being away for a week and upgrade her HP TouchSmart 600, which was running Windows 7 to the current version of Windows 10. I utilized Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and created a bootable USB for the installation. The installation went fine but with the finishing reboot, the computer went into an endless loop- there is a period of several minutes of the Windows start up screen with the circling dots (which is at least twice as long as a normal start) followed by the blue failure screen with the error message DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG ERROR. I have research this issue since then and tried everything that has been posted with nothing positive to report. I have even utilized D-BAN to do a clean wipe of the drive (20 hours) so I could do a clean install and the same error returns. I have used Windows versions 1903, 1803 and 1809 and all wind up with the same issue. I have used the Media Creation Tool as well as RUFUS with the same result. I have even utilized a bootable USB made remotely on my desktop my a Microsoft Support person and you guess it, same result. I thought, while I try to elevate the issue to someone higher at Microsoft support (I've dealt with three Level one techs today) I'd put this out there and see if anyone has anything new they can share. I see this problem goes back for quite some time with several different version of Windows 10. I can also add that I can get to Advance Tools on the Bootable, but none of them work to resolve the issue. The computer will not boot to Safe Mode either.

I could sure use some help!

Mike

Continue reading...