The Dreaded Windows 10 Wi-Fi "Default Gateway" Issue yellow triangle Constant Dropout on Hotspot Activation

N

noobfruits

Hi,

I have a problem setting up the mobile hotspot for my laptop without getting the constant Windows 10 Wi-Fi Yellow Triangle of death (as I like to call it now). The issue was never there on Windows 8.1 version

I am sure I am not the only one having this issue and I am pretty sure lots of Windows 10 Users have all seen this usual yellow triangle with exclamation mark on the Wi-Fi indicating no Internet access. (I have went through countless of Microsoft community questions and this seems like a trend, one thing to note it is very common among Intel Wi-Fi driver users).

eac2629d-f461-491a-b74b-f11d24feece8?upload=true.jpg

Once you right click and attempt to fix it using the troubleshooter it resets the Wi-Fi adapter and says something about "The Default Gateway is fixed" with a green check mark

c50d9d76-1df5-44e3-a4cc-6c177792b38b?upload=true.jpg

I have attempted every possible solution I found online by Microsoft and Intel from completely wiping and updating drivers to the latest Wi-Fi Driver, firewall disabling, netsh resets ipconfig resets, sfc scans, manually configuring IPs (disabling DHCP), unchecking power management override to sleep my wifi in setting. I have checked for interference using wifi analyzer, I have checked my router and my other Windows 8.1 Acer laptop runs its hotspot fine without this happening ever.

The only thing I noted once I click "View Detailed information" in the troubleshooter is the driver versions seem to Mismatch for which what the netwb02.inf file is saying vs what is been updated in the Device manager and using the netsh show wlan drivers command.

6d0ba443-f2ec-424a-bebd-b1e694086a91?upload=true.jpg

And below is the complete information from the troubleshooter:

17ac837a-ad7c-49fc-af36-345d0265510f?upload=true.jpg

76e681e2-a995-4ed0-a575-8b5234612ee1?upload=true.jpg

I have tried to check the ETL file with Event Viewer to see what triggers it but it crashes.

Could a well informed person share some opinions on what might be the issue here?

Any further insights would be much appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom