I can't figure out how to get certain apps/games to install from the Microsoft Store. (Error code 0x80070005)

G

GenericalUser

I swear, I have tried just about every solution I could find. I can not seem to figure out how to get some games, such as Minecraft for Windows 10, to install from the store. It doesn't seem to happen to all apps, as I have been able to get some apps to install.

Every time, I get the error code 0x80070005.

I'm not sure what started the issue, but could it have something to do with me accidentally renaming a hard drive? It wasn't the main drive where the OS is installed, and I did perform a repair install, but I did accidentally rename a secondary drive, and I renamed it to something other than its original name since I do not recall the original name of the drive.

Anyways, here are the solutions I've tried:

- Reinstalling through powershell with this command:

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

- Resetting the app in Windows settings

- Terminating the app in Windows settings

- Restarting my PC

- Repair install Windows 10

- Signing out and signing back in

- Creating a new user with a different Microsoft Account and installing there

- Updating to version 1903 (May 2019 update) from 1809

- I can't remember exactly every solution I have tried, I have tried just about every single one I've found.

New solutions I've tried since:

- deleted files in C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\Packages \Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

then restarted PC

- tried running troubleshooter/diagnostic tool, then running wsreset.exe and restart pc

- tried removing devices (I only used five devices out of the ten available slots, so this didn't help sadly)

I do not want to reset my computer and deal with reinstalling apps, backing up files, etc.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom