Need help with recurring BSOD and inability to play most games reliably

K

KevinRosenhagen

I have been having recurring BSOD issues for over 2 months now and am unable to reliably play most of my video games due to unspecified crashing issues. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL being a frequent error as well as memory management. It is making me want to throw my PC out the window as I have tried many different things to diagnose or fix the issue.

Things I have tried.....

• Resetting windows and deleting ALL files and attempting to run the problem programs with only the necessary software.
  • Used DDU to uninstall drivers and I have attempted to use many different versions of Nvidia's drivers.
  • Attempted to swap graphics cards out from my original MSI GTX1070 to a 1050Ti then to my current card which is a RTX 2080.
  • I had taken my computer to a Micro Center where they had diagnosed my issue as being the RAM. They replaced the RAM and I also chose to upgrade to an SSD for my system drive as well as a new PSU for the aforementioned new graphics card I planned on getting later on.
  • As I continued to have this issue I figured it couldn't hurt to replace the RAM again and I returned it and replaced it once more. Still I am having issues.
  • I returned to Micro Center again and they said the issue was my graphics driver...which I knew to be at least in part false due to the fact that no matter what graphics driver I installed from scratch the issues still occurred.

And now I am at a loss. I have replaced most of the hardware in this PC other than the mother board and CPU.

Current specs are as follows.

• i5 7600k not overclocked with a Corsair H100i water cooler
  • MSI RTX 2080 not overclocked
  • 3 total drives...1TB Samsung EVO 860(System drive), 500GB Samsung 860 EVO and a 500GB 850 EVO
  • 750W EVGA PSU
  • Z270X Ultra gaming Gigabyte MOBO
  • 16GB Gskill RAM @ 3200Mhz
  • Peripherals include Razer Deathadder Chroma, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2016 Edition, Corsair Arctis 5 usb headset

I can provide what .dmp files that I have but I recently reset windows again to experiment so currently I have only had one BSOD since the last reset which occurred randomly while browsing internet.

Continue reading...