Sound is too low in some applications, and too loud in others after upgrading motherboard.

M

MysteriousHub

Yesterday I built a PC and put in a new motherboard and processor. Today when i watched a video on youtube, the volume was VERY low. I had to turn the youtube volume up all the way, and my headphone volume up ALL the way to be able to here it at a decent level. I used to only have my headphone volume at 50% and if i raised it, sometimes it would get too loud. So what is now 100% volume used to be 50% volume. I spent literally half the day today trying to fix it, i downloaded all kinds of audio drivers, Realtek (which i already had), dolby digital, Nahimic, nothing worked. I opened sony vegas and the volume is low there too. I opened an MP3 song that i had installed, it was too low (btw when i turned the volume up all the way on that song, it wasnt loud enough BUT i could hear a "whizzing" sound from my headphone speakers as if the bass was turned all the way up but no sound was getting through... you know?) then i finally gave up... i opened a game (battlefield 1) put on my headphones... and BAAAM THE VOLUME WAS SO LOUD!!!! even when i turned my headphone volume all the way down it was loud. When i messed with the ingame sound settings, something weird happened. On the volume scale (0 - 100%) when i changed the volume from anywhere to like 20% to 100%.. there was almost NO volume level change.,.. only when i changed the ingame volume from 0% to 20% did i hear a volume level difference. What is going on? Btw there is NOT an "enhancements" tab in the sound settings.. i know u were thinking that but no. You wouldnt believe how many sources were saying that was the problem. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled AND updated all kinds of audio drivers and nothing changed... please help

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom