HP Pavilion gets stuck in sleep/shutdown mode.. Power button and fan stay on while screen is shut off

B

BrenlynMcNeil

Over the past 3 weeks or so, I've had an issue with my laptop when I try to shut down or sleep/hibernate. The screen goes totally black as if it is shut down but I can still hear it running and the power light stays on. The computer is stuck in this "sleep-like" state until I long press the power button to completely shut it down.

It starts up fine from being totally shutdown but I've noticed that it is very delayed when I try to just re-start it.

I have had the SSD replaced on it after the issue began because thats what Staples recommended and that didn't fix the problem. I've tried system restore/reset, to no avail. Tests on hardware etc have come back with no issues. HP support has taken control of the computer on their end and were unable to find a solution.

Is anyone else having this issue or something similar? I've googled and there are tons of OLD forums about it (from like 2015) but none of the recommended fixes worked for me. It's a minor issue for now but I'm afraid that shutting it down the way I have been all the time could cause damage so I'd like the issue fixed asap. Any suggestions or similar experiences shared would be greatly appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom