I am getting occaisonal shutdowns during boot and a lot of event ID 41 critical errors listed in my event viewer . ( bug check codes : 160 and 0 )

• Thread starter SambitSamantaray
  • Start date
S

SambitSamantaray

Hey ! I need your help .

This post is long and rightfully so as I want to provide as much info as I can to you guys for help , but if you want to go straight into the issue then scroll down and see the event logs that I found in my Windows event viewer.

I have been going mad since last couple of weeks trying to understand what is happening with my system . I had built this system 2 months ago . I am now facing occasional shutdowns during boot on fresh start sometimes randomly ( has happened > 10 times already )

Specs :

Motherboard : Z390 AORUS MASTER

RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 DDR4

CPU : Intel i9 9900K

GPU : NVIDIA RTX 2080ti Founders Edition

PSU : Corsair HX1000 (1000 watts)

Monitor : ROG STRIX XG248

Backstory ( please read this if you want to know of what I think may be the problem and some important notes about my setup ) :

I live in India where power cuts are pretty common . Thus I went with a UPS to go with the system . The UPS can provide an upwards of 660 watts of power . It was enough as I needed just the computer to be on until I could successfully shut it down . After building though , I came across a problem :

The PSU had 15 amp 240v plug while all my UPS output sockets were 5 amp 240v . According to my understanding I didn't think that my PSU will always pull in 15 amps or more than 5 given that I have bought the 1000 w PSU just for future upgrades and not for the wattage consumption because my setup theoretically can pull in max 620 - 630 watt as I am not doing any high end or power hungry tasks on it at the moment .

And surprisingly everything worked perfect , that is until a few weeks after when I encountered my first shutdown during boot ( just the mobo aorus logo on screen and then dead ) I freaked out but after pressing the power button again resulted in a successful and normal boot . I didn't quite think about it because the computer worked perfectly fine but then a few days after it happened again , then after a week again ….. so on .

These happened completely randomly and didn't happen always when I started the computer , but I could remember that most of the times it was when ( ONLY WHEN ) I switched on the both computer and UPS after a long period of the time leaving them switched off .

After the facing this issue 2-3 times I started looking at the log details and found that I had multiple

Event ID : 41 , Kernel Power Errors ( level : critical )

The tag " CRITICAL " freaked me out , I quickly opened the CPU and started redoing all the wiring , changing adapter plugs , changing plug points ….. and what not but nothing seem to work as I am getting these errors to this day and the funny thing about this which makes me even more confused is that my computer is working perfectly fine I even had it stress tested and took it to its maximum loads by running multiple benchmarks and stress tests like 3D MARK , PRIME 95 , AFTERBURNER , …. etc

I am seriously confused and while my computer works perfectly fine , I am always scared about something that is happening with my setup which cannot figure out and with each event log the fear keeps on increasing .

THE ISSUE AND THE EVENT LOGS :

Please do go through the logs and event details below and help me figure this out :

The list of events since the system was first turned on :

5cf0f43c-a72b-4fda-ba5b-cf74bd91e82c?upload=true.png

Some of the events above have been registered even when I had no shut down during the startup .

While there are so many events but the event details seemed to be limited to these :

18fb1078-2779-485f-b8df-6c9706f3c535?upload=true.png418462cd-fc92-4c88-ae9a-f816f09f8b5a?upload=true.png

The shutdowns were always during the boot periods and I have never ever encountered any crashes or shutdowns after I have started the computer again after the shut down . The problem seemed to be fixed just by me starting the system again but I do know there is something more to this otherwise it shall not happen time and again .

I have read countless articles and questions and threads on these bug check codes while doing my research but none of them had a similar issue as mine . I seriously hope someone who understands this could tell me what exactly is happening or being told by these entries .

Is it a windows issue ? Is it a power issue ? Is it because I turned on the CPU too early after turning on the UPS ( because I have observed it as a trend ) ? Is it some other error ? idk .

I just don't wanna kill my setup ignoring these warnings just because everything works perfectly fine afterwards .

Please do help me . Thankyou in advance .

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom