Blue screen error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys) on my Sony Vaio SVE15128CNB

A

AnuragKr.

Blue screen error VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys) on my Sony Vaio SVE15128CNB

My laptop freezes when I was watching a video. I tried hard to get out of it but didn’t succeed. I even tried Ctrl+Alt+Delete but no response from the laptop. After few minutes, I turned off my laptop by pressing Power Button. When I started again, Black screen with some blue dots appears just after the Laptop brand logo appears. I get an error message saying "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart" and gives me the BSOD error which is VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmpag.sys). Once it finishes collecting error information it restarts and ends up giving me the same blue error message screen and continues to restart itself over and over again. Laptop tries to restart itself several times automatically but didn’t succeed. After that manual troubleshoot option opens where I choose to open the Safe Mode.

I searched about the error over web to find out best way to troubleshoot the problem. Thereafter I followed the following steps in Safe Mode:

1. I uninstalled the AMD Display Driver from Device Manager.

2. I used DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in Safe Mode. This eliminates all traces of the AMD driver and software from my computer also deleted C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. After reboot, "Display Adapter" was on the MS Basic Display Adapter.
3. Reinstalled the AMD DRIVER that I downloaded manually. But again same problem, Laptop tries to restart itself several times automatically but didn’t succeed.
4. I checked the Windows update. But all the latest updates are already installed except the new feature update. I tried to install the feature update but didn’t succeed because laptop crashes when update starts installing.
5. I tried to reset the Windows. After few minutes of reset, Windows aborted and undo the reset processes.

In Device Manager, a driver named “High Definition Audio Bus” also shows some error.

In “High Definition Audio Bus Properties”,

Device type: System devices,

Manufacturer: AMD,

Device Status: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Object Name not found.

I am using Sony Vaio SVE15128CNB model purchased in India. Currently, Windows 10 Home Single Language is installed in my Laptop. I got laptop with Windows 8 pre-installed and further I upgrade it to Windows 8.1 and again to the latest Windows 10. All these Upgrades were offered by the Microsoft itself for free through Windows update. Also I am not able to adjust the brightness level of my PC. It stucks on the maximum brightness level. I have not changed any hardware from the device ever.

Specification of my Laptop are as Follows:

RAM: 4GB (Pre-installed) + 4GB

Chipset: Intel HM76 Express Chipset

Processor Name: Intel Core i5-3210M Processor 2.50 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.10 GHz*1

Graphics: Dedicated Video Memory: 2 GB DDR3

Graphics Accelerator: AMD Radeon HD 7650M

Please help me to rectify/troubleshoot the problem as soon as possible.

Continue reading...