Keyboard and Mouse behaving strange sometimes

R

RipunjoyMedhi

So two days ago, I was playing Counter-Strike. I left the game idle at the home screen for around 2 hours because I had some urgent work. When I came back, I closed the game and put my laptop on Sleep. I logged in again after 2 hours and found that something was wrong. At the login screen I wasnt able to type my password. I changed keybaords — the same thing. When I moved my mouse over the password box, it started blinking between the typing cursor and the pointing cursor. I pressed every key in my keyboards. Shift and Caps Lock were working. Nothing else. After some time though, it started working normally and I logged in. Then I double left clicked on Google Chrome, only to find that it opened the Properties box and not the main app! It was happening with every app! Again after some time, it became normal. I opened On Screen Keyboard later on and saw that my "Alt" key is being continuously pressed, and I can't un-press it. It unpresses and presses by itself whenever it wants. I tried several external mice and keyboards, did registry and anti-virus scans, checked if I changed some Sticky Keys settings. Nothing seems to be working. With my laptop, I always use external keyboard, but the problem persists even when I use the laptop keyboard. When I put my computer on Sleep, it wakes up immediately after around 5 seconds because the 'Alt' key is being pressed again, idk by whom or WHAT!! Please help! My laptop is not old and my parents will scold me if I tell them! (I play a lot of games and they will blame this for the problem !)

Continue reading...