Touchscreen not working - tablet is locked by BitLocker and I have no password to unlock it.

S

sloangirl

I have a Toshiba Encore 2 tablet. Somehow the BitLocker got activated on the C drive and I do not know where the recovery key is. I must have inadvertently activated it unknowingly. I did find the recovery key ID, but it is useless, as far as I can tell. I downloaded the Windows 10 installation media from Microsoft website onto a USB. My tablet has only one micro USB port but I have an adapter. I tried loading the USB - sometimes it will go through as far as the first screen asking for Language choice etc. The touch doesn't work but I was able to hook up a keyboard via another USB on a splitter adapter. This allowed me to tab through the choices and enter NEXT. The next screen asks for ACCEPT TERMS and here I am stuck - the touch and the keyboard do not respond. I cannot access the settings on this tablet because the OS (C drive) is locked. Is there a way to get the touchscreen and or keyboard functioning long enough to get this WINDOWS 10 re-installed to kill the BitLocker?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom