Numeric Keypad, Touchpad, and Minimized Windows Not Working in Windows 10?

L

lgfuad

I'm having a problem with the above-mentioned components on my laptop. I really hope someone can help me out. I have a Sager NP6852 with an Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80 GHz, 8 GB of RAM and it's running Windows 10 Home version 1903.

First of all, I wiped down my laptop today (first the screen with window cleaner and then the keyboard and mouse with alcohol) but it was turned off and I know better than to soak the thing.

After that, I started it up and everything seemed fine. I then opened Firefox and it installed the most recent update. After the update installed, I kept getting this pop-up for "Toggle Keys" or something. I kept pressing "no". Then I started having problems with the numeric keypad. It won't type in all the numbers, just some and a few act like the arrow keys. Not only that, but they're making random computer sounds. If I keep pressing a number like umpteen times it sometimes will then type it.

So of course, I searched Google, but then my touchpad buttons stopped working! I can still left-click on things using the pad, but the buttons are unresponsive. But not all the time. They'll start working and then stop abruptly. I discovered if I hold down the cntl button, let go and then click it works most of the time. It sometimes takes a few tries.

And the last problem I'm having is that when I minimize windows, sometimes I can't get them to open again. It seems to happen when the touchpad goes out. I hover over them and the preview of the window just flashes. Now, as I was typing this out (using the Firefox browser) my little pop-ups for Grammarly are also flashing when the mouse malfunctions.

I messed with accessibility settings, typing, keyboard, and touchpad settings after reading some articles on how to fix similar issues, but nothing is working! I also tried updating the drivers, but my computer says they're all up to date. I rollbacked the Synaptics driver, but that didn't work and now Windows is saying that's up to date (even though it was just rolled back). I uninstalled the Windows update that occurred on the same day as the problems began, but no luck. There's also a security update that took place, but Windows won't let me uninstall that one.

If anyone knows what's causing this and how to fix it I'd be forever grateful. Otherwise, I'm looking at a whole Windows Refresh, which would mean installing all my programs, fonts, add-ons, and all the other things that would be an absolute, time-consuming pain. My suspicion would be the most recent Firefox update did this because that's when I noticed it. But I have no idea what to do about that or how to roll-back to an earlier version. I've always used Firefox and have never had an issue like this so I really don't know. I can't afford ANYTHING fyi (new laptop, external drives, ect.) and my warranty has expired. So sending it back or buying anything to fix this thing is not really an option right now.

Again, any help would be extremely appreciated! PLEASE HELP ME.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom