"An error is preventing this Slide Show from showing." - Only with left-arrow press

F

filefolder3

Here is another forum with the same issue. "An error is preventing this SlideShow from showing." - ONLY with left-arrow presses....

I have the exact same problem, but none of the methods work.

So... I have a screen saver that shows all of the pictures on the computer. Although, recently there was multiple viruses/malware that had gotten downloaded, but has now been taken care of. Ever since, when I try to hit the left arrow to change to the previous slide, it shows a black screen with the error message "An error is preventing this Slide Show from showing." I did my research, and only found a couple people with the exact same problem, but there was never a solution.

One thing I tried was to download Windows Live Photo Gallery (2012) and change the screen saver to "Windows Live Photo Gallery" from "Photos." Although, this had problems of its own. I could not move through slides at all, the shuffle function was broken, and it would lock up, not allowing me to go back to the desktop.

Any ideas for a solution? It's really bugging me and my family.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom