Camera suddenly not working.

E

ESTFN

I use my built-in webcam for work every day (which involves video calls) and I have for the last year or so with the same laptop. I hadn't done anything new with my laptop in terms of hardware or software or anything recently.

Here are my system specifications:

LAptop: Lenovo YOGA 710-151KB

EasyCamera (Manufacturer: AzureWave)

Yesterday, it stopped working. I was unable to use the camera to take a photo with the Camera app or with facebook messenger's photo capability. Eventually, after trying several times it started working again, but only occasionally. Then it failed during my work hours.

I already tried the suggestions on this page Camera app and webcams help:

And I also tried all the suggestions on the page Camera does not work in Windows 10

None of those suggestions made a difference. My privacy settings shouldn't be blocking the camera for anything, my driver is updated and it doesn't change anything to Disable and Enable, Roll back, or Uninstall and Reinstall, either.

Then I tried updating from Windows 10 version 1803 to the newest version 1903.

At first this seemed to help - I got the camera to work in multiple different apps where it wasn't working before, I though it always took several seconds for it to start functioning properly. That was until a few hours ago, when it stopped working again entirely, and I haven't gotten it to work once since then.

Curiously, since updating Windows 10, my display seems to have a kind of soft orangish hue to it, like it would if I had it set to a Night display (which I don't). This flashes back to a normal bright white display very briefly when I try to use the camera, and also very occasionally at apparently random times. I don't mind this (it's a bit softer on my eyes), but it's kind of weird.

At this point I feel like the only thing I can do is go out and buy a USB Webcam device or something to use. But of course I would prefer not to spend money if I don't need to, and I am also worried that there is some kind of software problem with Windows 10 that I'll also have with another webcam.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom