Windows Audio Service Stops when audio beguins to play

A

AlexanderHeinz

My audio on my PC randomly stopped working (No sound, The icon in the taskbar changed to a broken audio sign, and I can not even change the volume settings) and I have not found any solution in order to fix it.

All of my drivers are updated. I have tried multiple audio outputs including the system speakers. I have restarted my PC. I can not restore my PC to a later version because I did not have system restore enabled previously. I tried uninstalling drivers than reinstalling them. I tried resetting my default audio device.

I have run the troubleshooter and found that "one or more services are not running". So I investigated my services to find that windows audio services continues to stop running. Windows audio endpoint does continue to run. I tried restarting both services and a number of things happen. Sometimes WAS (windows audio service) stops immediately after, sometimes I get an error saying that the attempt to start unexpectedly quit, sometimes windows audio service continues to run as though the audio would be fixed: the Icon (red circle with a white x by a mute speaker) in the taskbar turns into a normal sound icon and my volume allows me to adjust it up and down. However, whenever I go to play anything with audio to test (usually a random youtube video) windows audio service immediately stops running and the broken audio icon returns. No audio plays whatsoever not even for a moment. On fewer occasion of testing the same method windows audio service continued to run or appeared to be, however no audio played still and when I adjusted my volume the pop-up slider in the upper right-hand corner said it was playing "chrome.exe" audio, whatever that means. I attempted to play audio from different sources than google tabs, such as Spotify. When seeing if Spotify would play I noticed that not only does the audio not play, but the songs rapidly skip forward and backwards between tracks without me pressing anything. I also tried to play an mp4 which I had on my computer and when I tried to watch it it gave me an error 0xc00d4e87 "Try restarting the device you're using. We can't find an audio driver right now." On one occasion I ran the troubleshooter (which essentially just restarts windows audio player) while the mp4 was going and by some miracle the audio worked! So I thought eureka! I opened a youtube video to test the audio there aswell and immediately as audio would have began to play, windows audio service stopped running again.

Testing these different methods has given me such odd and inconsistent results. I have tried every solution I could find on any forum, but none have worked. I am not sure what else to try. Any help would be much appreciated!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom