Temporary Internet files location had changed, which I then reseted, and then my laptop started lagging...

I

InfernoDragon

I hadn't noticed any changes but then I noticed the yellow caution icon at the bottom right. Then Device Performance and Health prompted me to run the troubleshooter as it displayed the message 'Some apps stopped working'.

After running the troubleshooter, the result was that the location of my temporary internet files had changed. So I changed it to default through the troubleshooter. I then closed the troubleshooter and went off web surfing.

After a few minutes Firefox started taking much more time to search. I then closed the browser and tried opening File Explorer for moving a zip file I had just downloaded. Even after three attempts, it took around 5 minutes for it to just display the window. And guess what next - it was not responding. After I closed the process itself, my whole screen went blank. Only my rainmeter clock, game drawer, CPU and RAM displays were showing up. Rest whole screen was completely black.

I waited patiently for about a whole minute. Then everything just flashed like when refreshing and everything was normal. My laptop was better now, but still taking its time with opening and closing programs. I then searched the forums and found a recent post similar to this one. It has images attached, so you can understand it better - Temporary Internet files location has changed - How does this happen and should I reset to default?. But it talked about only the first part of my problem.

For help, I have a Lenovo Ideapad-330 15IKB. My version is Windows 1803. I recently installed a password manager called McAfee True Key. When I opened it, it displayed the logins of some of my frequent websites. It then asked to import the other logins which Firefox had saved, for which I granted permission. Also, I run a 3rd party antivirus called McAfee Livesafe.

Please help me if you can. Sorry for attaching no images. But you can refer to the above mentioned post. Any and every help is appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom