Memory usage 99% of 16GB but it's not if I add up everything in task manager

X

xMagicxs

I'm trying live chat. I'M TRYING!!! but person keeps getting back to me already 3 times with how to fix STORAGE and how to perform other unnecessary things. I'm wondering, is this seriously happening? Are live chat agents just bunch of kids doing random troubleshooting steps. I need help, please.

Here is the deal, I've switched to win10 from 7 about a couple months ago and every now and then I notice stutter after a couple of days during gaming it was very transparent. Today it really hit me and I'm drawing the line that something needs to be done.

When system is booted, everything is fine. But when I put it to sleep and use it and sleep, and about 3 to 5 days go by doing this. I will notice stuttering.

Today it was extremely bad and I saw it showed 99% memory usage. But I didn't put the PC to sleep last night. I just left it on.

I could barely use the PC, pressing windows start icon and it wouldn't even open for about a whole minute. It was that bad.

Surely I could restart and everything would be working fine, but I can't always do that. I leave things open such as chrome tabs (usually about 10).

After about 15 minutes the memory usage went down to about 35%. I can't figure out how it fixed itself.

What on earth caused the system to be using 99% memory and why did it return to normal.... This was really frustrating because of having to go to work and needing to use the PC quickly before I head out was important. I've never experienced this issue with win 7 even when leaving the PC on 24/7 for months.

I would like some proper way to find the culprit and this person I'm having live chat is suggesting I disable everything that's not Microsoft during boot. How will this help when at boot it's working it's best. And I don't have unnecessary things running otherwise I would disable them.

Win 64 2019. All the latest updates

16GB ram

nvme SSD 660p

1070 GTX

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom