Windows 10 v1903 Reset from Desktop to USB at Resetting this PC 99%, for 24 hours

M

M Leary

So after following the correct way to renew my laptop I followed the Reset option and used a new USB stick from the desktop. It was backed up and all data saved. After restarting (No saved applications etc.) it has remained at 99% overnight with disk activity light for at least 14 hours now. The USB content was made under v1903 fully updated using the menu.

What happens if after a couple days I have to hit the reset switch? Will I lose my existing use of the v10 Pro key? Will I have to buy a new license or just enter the OEM one, the current one which is different or my email account (Activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft Account)?

There is no key (on the sticker for Windows 8) for this ASUS laptop as it is was purchased in 2014 and upgraded during Windows 10 free upgrade. It now shows two keys when interrogated, perhaps the OEM original using cscript and another one using a keyfinder. It went to v10 Pro after purchase while the free upgrade was still in effect (2015).

Or should I restore the backup and retry a reset again differently? This had no Cloud update option presented during the prompt to reset (not yet in production).

Thanks

M

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom