Mouse pointer jumps to upper left hand corner of Surface Pro 4 screen

R

Rlfilion

Back in June my mouse pointer suddenly began jumping to the upper left hand corner of my Surface Pro 4 screen and flashing there in a touch bubble. I sometimes had some control over the mouse so I could move it and click on icons while the pointer was still flashing in the corner as well and sometimes I had no control over the mouse. I also had no control over touch. I tried different mouses. I couldn't get anything to work and eventually did a factory reset. That worked for about a month and the problem has returned. I've tried DISM but no component problems or integrity problems. I tried calibrating the screen, which seemed to have some effect but did not last. When I disable the touch screen, the problem disappears. I can then re-enable the touch screen and sometimes the problem comes back immediately and sometimes the problem will stay away until I use the touch screen. I thought it might be a hardware issue with something in the upper left hand corner of the screen but that doesn't explain why I did not have a problem for a month after the factory reset, or why after disabling/enabling the touch screen the problem does not always immediately reappear. Any idea as to how to fix this permanently?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom