Gamepad inputs turning into keyboard inputs on Windows 10

T

TheLivingGraveyard

I have a RetroBit N64 Controller, a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and a Sony DualShock 4. Whenever I try to use any of them, all of the buttons on them turn into keys as if they were on a keyboard. For example, the C-Stick/C-buttons turn into the scrolling wheel on a mouse, the Start button on all of them turn into Escape and the left sticks turn into the arrow keys.

I find it quite weird that it's consistent, as in the buttons all correspond to each other, even though they are all from different developers. This leads me to believe a program or driver of sorts is the cause. However, looking through my Driver Manager and system files, I can't find anything that might relate to a gamepad.

It may be possible that it's the Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator that's causing all this. All my controllers are Plug and Play, discounting the Bluetooth function on the Pro Controller and the DS4. However, I can't revert to a previous state or update it, and I can't remove it because the computer really doesn't want me to.

It could also be possible that it's a Logitech Gaming Software folder. I found multiple files that might hint towards being involved in "supporting" controllers, such as C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\Drivers\LGJoyHid or C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\Drivers\VirtualBus.

This is every driver I have installed: View: https://imgur.com/a/X66WOAM

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom