Can't do anything on my Windows 10 laptop after failed Windows updates

J

Janime6

Hello, recently my laptop has been attempting to install an update, which I believe was 2019-02 Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 based Systems (KB4465065) and every time it did it my computer would not boot. The little rotating balls never even show up, just my splash screen.

I would have to do the three hard restarts by holding the power button down. Then the automatic repair started, did its thing, and I was able to get back in, where Windows would tell me "Hey, this failed to install." Then it would try the next available time to install it again, fail, manual reset, automatic repair, rinse and repeat. That isn't where it ends, though.

I just got internet installed in my apartment today (I recently moved to Japan, so I've been without it for a while, so I was using my phone as a hotspot when those previously mentioned updates tried to install). Since I have a proper internet connection now, I decided to download the May 2019 update and install it to see if maybe it would counteract this KB4465065 installation failure. Big mistake.

Now it won't boot and the automatic repair can't fix it like with the KB one. After three hard restarts, I get into the recovery menu and I've tried about everything I've seen online and that is available in the menu, nothing has worked.

The main page I get

So, excluding Troubleshooting for right now, on this page I have tried all that would potentially work, which is just "Use a device".

I made a USB Windows Recovery drive thing with the Creation Tool on my other laptop and tried booting from it and nothing happens. It just sits on the splash screen forever, like usual. Went to the BIOS from the Troubleshooting menu, changed the boot order, reset it or whatever (Load BIOS defaults), tried booting directly from it, nothing.

Starting into Troubleshoot

I tried to Reset my PC and did the "Keep my files" option and it failed. I have not tried the "Remove everything" option yet because, well, I don't want to lose anything on my laptop if I can avoid it.

Now for Advanced Options

I guess I don't have a System Restore for some reason, so that's out the window.

Startup Repair yields a "We couldn't repair your PC."

I can't Uninstalls Updates. If I try to uninstall the latest quality update it says I have pending updates so it can't uninstall them, try startup repair instead. If I try to uninstall the latest feature update it says they ran into a problem, try resetting instead.

I've tried a bajillion chkdsk and sfc /scannow commands in Command Prompt. Did some diskpart stuff I saw. Nothing has done anything as of yet.

I don't know what System Image Recovery is.

Used the UEFI Firmware Settings to do the BIOS boot stuff I mentioned earlier. I don't think I can hold function keys when the laptop starts to access anything, either. I think my only way to get to the BIOS is through this option.

Startup Settings 1

Startup Settings 2

I think I have tried all of the startup options. Safe mode, low-resolution, disable whatever, etc. None of them did anything, just the splash screen that sits forever.

And that's where I am right now. I don't know what to do. I don't want to lose all of my data.

I have an Eluktronics Eluktro Pro Notebook P650HP if that helps in any way. I don't know what else I should include, if there is anything else. If you need to know something else, though, I'll try my best to answer.

Continue reading...