Windows 10 Laptop Won't Connect to WiFi

W

What You Want M8

So after the recent update, I was able to connect to WiFi perfectly fine with my HP Notebook 15 laptop for several days without any issues. Today, everything suddenly changed when I got a random blue screen (I cannot remember the error message sadly. It was spoke about family services maybe?) and my laptop proceeded to reboot. After that, I could no longer connect to WiFi and an orange light appears on my laptop regarding my connection.

Everytime I click on the Internet connection icon, no networks are listed at all and there is no issue with my WiFi router as everything else (phones, tablets, and etc.) connects to it just fine. Not only that, I have already tried reinstalling and uninstalling my WiFi adapter through Device Manager, which didn't work. I have tried updating them too, which also didn't work. I made sure that all of the services needed to run WiFi were set to Automatic and ensured that they running and that still didn't work. There were a whole bunch of other solutions I've tried in the past three to four hours and they didn't work either.

The weirdest part, however, is that whenever I go to the Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections, my WiFi adapter (Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller) is suddenly listed as an Ethernet connection and beneath it, it states "Network cable is unplugged"! This so strange and stressful. Is there anything to fix this? (Just to clarify, I have only downloaded one thing a few days ago, which was Norton Security Suite. I had to redownload it because for some reason, it stopped working after the update)

Continue reading...