Help with Media Center for Windows 7

B

Boricua0103

I understand that Microsoft no longer supports Media Center and support for Windows 7 is also going away. With that said, I'm hoping that someone can help me salvage Media Center. I'd like to keep it because I just got rid of cable and I now have an OTA antenna; would like to use this program to record TV from these channels. Other options for DVRs are either too expensive, require subscription, external hardrives, most have bad reviews, don't work as advertised, etc. Media Center is perfect for what I need, as I used it for this purpose when I was deployed. This program stopped working and these are the issues I'm encountering every time I attempt to set up TV signal:

1. Media Center crashes during TV signal set-up and restarts.

2. If it goes through the whole set-up, it always states at the end that there was a "major error" and it needs to close; or,

3. At the start of the set-up, it states that there is "no TV tuner available", even though the tuner is attached, its light is on and Media Center had just recognized it and used it during the last few attempts to set up the TV signal.

If anyone knows of a fix or an available patch for this, please let me know. I have not been able to find anything official through Microsoft. Thanks in advance.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom