No audio output device is installed / High definition audio controller code 10

• Thread starter Liam Jones Astorga
  • Start date
L

Liam Jones Astorga

Hi, yesterday when I unplugged my headphones and microphone my sound stopped working, in the sound icon I have a red X and it says "No Audio Output Device is installed"

In " Sound, video and game controllers" I have 1 device "Nvidia Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)" when I tried to install a Realtek drive everything goes right in the installation but it doesn't show up in the Device Manager.

The "High Definition Audio Controller" has a yellow warning icon on it, so I guess thats where the problem is.

The troubleshooter finds a problem every time I run it, it says "Restart your PC to finish installing drivers and updates" then i click in "apply this fix'" and it doesn't reboot automatically (idk if it should) when i rebooted manually nothing changed

In Detail Informations this shows up

PLAYING AUDIO

Issues
found

Check audio device---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Detected

Your Pc must be restarted (i have restarted the laptop many times and nothing changes)--Detected

Restart your pc to finish installing drivers and updates-----------------------------------Completed

Potential issues that were checked

One or more audio services isnt running------------------------------------------ Issue not present

Hardware changes might not have been detected-------------------------------Issue not present

Detection details

Audio endpoint

Type of audio device being diagnosed

endpoint: Render

Audio endpoint

Type of audio device being diagnosed

endpoint: Render

I

Installed audio devices

This file contains the details stored in the registry dor all installed audio devices

File name: registry log.txt

Installed audio devices

This file contains the details stored in the registry dor all installed audio devices

File name: registry log.txt

I have tried:

Different troubleshooters

Updating drivers

Unistalling drives and reboot

Unistalling drives and reinstalling them manually scaning for hardware changes and adding legacy hardwares

Completly re install windows

Set to factory mode

Installing Realtek drives (it doesnt show up in device manager and no error happened during the install)

i have a MSI GV62

Idk if the sound card broke or something when i unpluged my stuff, but i really need help

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom