Network Adapter stopped working on all Microsoft Services ONLY

J

jimmulvaney

I am going to try and give you all as much detail as possible from over the last three days...
I play several online games and one day my network icon stopped showing up in my system tray, hidden or otherwise. So I ran the network trouble shooter with Admin privs and it suggested a Network Reset. I did the reset, and rebooted. After that I can no longer connect wirelessly with ANY apps or services. So I resorted to using an ethernet cable and now I can reconnect and use the internet, however all Microsoft programs, apps, and services still refuse to acknowledge my connection, even via ethernet! The weird thing is that I can still go online with Firefox and Chrome, I can still download and play online games via Steam, Connect to the Bethesda Network to play Elder Scrolls Online, stream music via Google Play, connect to the Adobe cloud service, but anything related to MS or Windows will not work. MS Updates generates this error "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x8007042c)". Edge comes back as unable to reach that website (Google.com). MS App store never loads, and neither does the XBox companion app or the Minecraft Marketplace, so now I can play but not with the resource packs I paid for.

I have tried many things that I found online (mostly CMD prompt (admin) solutions) and none of it has fixed the issue. I have noticed that one thing required for updates is the BITS service and it will not run. I get it started and it turns off on its own. It is always set to Manual when I re-open services.msc even after I try to set it to Automatic. The only thing I have not tried to do is a OS re-install because I am waiting on a recovery disk that I purchased from NewEgg (so I can have a hard copy and not go through the hassle of making one myself). I did try to do it via the MS Media Creation Tool and that fails too. After telling it to create an ISO file it says "Getting a few things ready" then it results in "There was a problem running this tool. Were not sure what happened, but we are unable to run this tool on your PC... error code: 0x80080005 - 0x90018. Any and all help would be appreciated. TIA

Gateway DX4300
AMD Phenom II x4 820 CPU 2.80 GHz
8 GB RAM
Windows 10 Home x 64

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom