Windows 10 will not recover or reset.

K

KevinGilbraith

16cda0af-2012-4193-89ea-75c3f1454610?upload=true.png
My most recent phone chat with a Microsoft Technical support tech was that he would keep my Microsoft technical support file open 1 more month as my WIN 10 Pro PC problem is still is not fixed. Re: SRX1481696857ID. To avoid confusion at this point, the history of this issue is as follows. I have two electronic hard drives (SSD type) built into my 6 month old Desktop PC running Windows 10 Pro, one is a 2TB and the other is a smaller and potentially faster 1TB Samsung SSD. (We are not talking about portable extension hard drives connected by USB cable.) Originally the PC was built with the Win 10 operating system on the larger 2 TB drive having the normal "C" Drive label. This "C" drive of course included the usual programs like Malwarebytes, Nvidia, Office, e-mail etc. and also the usual "User" folders like documents, downloads, music, pictures, video etc. The 1 TB Samsung SSD was empty, ready to be used for storage and any other miscellaneous files I choose. My problems started when Win 10 Pro did not operate correctly, specifically, I was, and still am, no longer able to carry out a successful Win 10 factory reset, recovery or reset with or without my files remaining. At all times during this process, it fails before completion. There are no specific error messages when it does this, just "Windows was unable to complete the recovery/reset process." To obtain a faster PC, I was advised to put the C drive and hence the Windows 10 operating software on the faster smaller 1TB Samsung SSD and also put my Cyberlink Video editing software on that drive as well to speed up the process of Video production which is the main function of my PC. This change made a great improvement in the speed of video editing and also to the normal type of software on a typical C drive like "programs" and "programs 86" folders like:.. Office, Google, Malwarebytes e.t.c. I also purchased and installed "Mini Tool Partition Wizard Pro 11.5" software package which has allowed me to do just about anything to my disks, change partition types and size, drive letters, copy or clone drives, change type of drive from GPT to MBR etc. I believe both of my drives should be of the MBV type disk although I have not been able to change that yet, because the "Mini Tool" software warns me that if I do this, I may not be able to boot from the newly converted MBR type disk: (I am now booting from the Samsung SSD (C) drive.) So now the larger 2 TB drive is of the GPT type and the Samsung 1 TB drive is of the MBR type. (see screen shot:) I think this might be part of my problem. However I am not familiar enough yet to start messing around with MBR, dynamic or locked disks type of things, I am just not familiar with the terms right now so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a screen shot of the current disk/drive setup on my PC which show all the details like drive letters type of disk or partition etc. Also attached are my computer spec's. Since then when using my video software, although it is now super fast, I have recorded several Microsoft type error messages (see below,) which has caused my video editing software (Cyberlink Power Director 17,) to crash with various different error messages. Below is a sample of those errors. 1: The instruction at 0x00007FFBFF5833FF referenced memory @ 0x000000016AC73600. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program. 2: Error 0x8007045D This request could not be performed because of a I/O device issue. 3: dllhost.exe Application error. 0x00007FFC12373FF plus the error 0x000000000IF09700 4: The exception Integer division by zero (0x0000094) occurred in the application at location 0x00007FFC1237340D1 Hopefully these errors and the screen shot of my disks, drives and partitions (attached) will give you a good idea of where I am at this moment in time. If you see anything wrong from that screen shot that could be causing me problems, please let me know. All I use the Larger 2TB hard drive for now is for storage of the hundreds of large video files that I intend to use later on in the video project I am currently working on. When it is time to start the editing/producing process, I only transfer the video files from the 2TB drive to the fast Samsung SSD drive which is now C drive only at that time I am about to use them, a few at a time. All files not needed at that time remain on the larger 2TB storage drive. Finally, I could take all the video files off the 2TB drive and put them back on my 10TB portable hard drive which is connected by USB cable, but then trying to transfer back from my Portable Hard drive to The PC SSD's would be very slow even though I am using the fastest UCB port on my PC and the best (Blue) USB cable. Your help would be appreciated. Kevin Gilbraith.

Thanks again, Kevin Gilbraith.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom